Latest news

Time is running out to apply to the European Union Settlement Scheme

Published: Monday 12 April 2021

If you’re an EU, European Economic Area (EEA) or Swiss citizen, you and your family have to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme (settled and pre-settled status) to continue living here after 30 June.

You can also apply if you’re the family member of an eligible person of Northern Ireland.

EU citizens and their family members can apply for EU Settlement Scheme themselves online on the GOV.UK website.


Settled status for EU citizens will guarantee access to:

  • Public services, such as healthcare and schools.
  • Public funds and pensions.
  • British citizenship, if you meet the requirements and want to apply.

FREE SUPPORT is available for EUSS applications in Birmingham:

Online application guide

Published: Tuesday 20 October 2020

There is now a guide available to assist you in registering your application for housing.  Please select the link to open the guide - Online application guide