- Explain what information will be collected and whether it will be identifying or anonymous. If it’s both, say so.
- Without getting into lengthy detail, explain how it’s collected (such as search terms, sign-up, log files, clicked links, cookies).
- If you’ll share information with affiliated, partner or other sites, be clear about this. Most people are concerned with who else is getting their information.
- Simply state that if compelled by law to disclose, then you’ll comply with such orders.
- Give users the option of verifying, correcting, changing or removing personal registration information.
- State that the policy will be updated periodically and how you will communicate such changes.