How to Register

Before you start

You will need:

  • Full names and dates of birth for all household members
  • National insurance numbers for all household members aged 16 and over
  • An email address
  • A telephone number
  • Current address, including postcode
  • Address history, including dates, over the last 5 years
  • Homeless reference number (if applicable)
  • To choose a memorable date and password
  • A pen and paper to note your login reference.

In addition, you are required to submit supporting documentation, attached to your housing application form.

Copies of the following documents for you and any other household member aged 18 years or over are required:  

  • Passport/birth certificate copy
  • A utility or Council Tax bill dated within the past three months, from the date of application
  • Details of any relevant unspent convictions
  • All financial records/bank statements for the three months prior to the date of application for each moving household member, for every separate account they hold
  • All legal records relating to property ownership, if applicable
  • Proof of their immigration status.

If you do not provide the above supporting documentation, your application will be incomplete and may be closed. 

The information you provide allows us to assess your eligibility, qualification and housing need for you and the other people you include on the housing application. It is important that you give us as much information as possible and answer all the questions that apply to you. Submitting an incomplete or inaccurate application will delay your application being assessed.

Examples of acceptable proof include

Proof of identification

  • Current signed passport
  • Birth certificate (for under 18’s)

Proof of current address

  • Utility bill (gas, electric, water, satellite television, landline phone bill)
  • Local authority Council Tax bill for the current Council Tax year

Proof of current address (Moving household members):

  • Notification letter from DWP
  • HMRC self-assessment letters or tax demand
  • Child Benefit Letter (for under 19’s) showing the claimant’s name, address, and names of children for which the proof is to be used
  • Bank statement

Proof of financial records:

  • bank or building society statements, showing the name and address of the account holder, for the last 3 months and
  • payslips for the last 3 months if paid monthly or the last 8 weeks if paid weekly or
  • benefit entitlement dated within the last month showing your name and address as the benefit recipient

Please include statements for all your current accounts, including savings for each moving household member

Proof of property ownership:

  • Original mortgage statement from a recognised lender issued for the full last year
  • Solicitors letter confirming house purchase or Land Registry confirmation of address

Proof of immigration status:

  • EEA member state identity card
  • Residence Permit issued by the Home Office
  • National identity card bearing a photograph of the individual
  • Any other information that helps to determine eligibility to rent social housing in England, for example, if you have pre-settled or settled status please provide a share code. View and prove your immigration status - GOV.UK (